Saturday, July 14, 2012

Movado 800 Series 41mm Watch Review

First Impression (10)

I recently splurged and bought my first watch, and though not a Rolex, a Movado is very comparable in terms of quality and its time measuring capabilities. The watch was packed very elegantly in a fine leather box, something not all watches can relate to.  




Construction and Finish (8.5)

As I opened up the box I was greeted by the watch with its contrasting brushed and polished stainless steel links really making the watch stand out. The lumens are the perfect size that can be easily read from afar and from most angles. The dial is also the perfect shade, not a grey black, but a crisp black that I don’t always see on watches. 


The next part that really stood out to me, was the high quality clasp they engineered for 2012. On other watches you will see other clasps that don’t hold up as well over time, but I’ve yet to have problems with this clasp. A secure clasp that you won’t have to worry about having problems with. 


Onto the face... What more can you expect! With quality obviously being a high priority at Movado, the face was just another easily attributed aspect of their fine attention to detail. 



Cost and Value (10)

At $1,600 MSRP, it’s by far cheap, but it exceeds many of the watches in terms of quality under $5,000. I must say even next to a Rolex Submariner 16610, it’s not far off in terms of quality. If you’re looking for a highly respected watch, without spending north of $5,000, I strongly recommend checking out Movado's line of watches for both men and women. 

Conclusion (9.25)

If you’re in the market for a watch, and are looking for something that will go perfectly while having a night on the town, I strongly recommend a Movado. Easily parable with anything, and can be dressed up or down or any occasion.


No comments:

Post a Comment